Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Odds of getting a job today are equivalent to winning the lotto?

It's hard to tell what the real unemployment rate is and more so in your local community.  I personally live in #Colorado and it seems every single job I apply to and get an interview, I am told more than 200 people applied to that position.  It's discouraging hearing those staggering numbers but it's our harsh reality of today.  I can recall recently listening to a gas station attendant explain if he ever worked at the local hospital he'd never quit... he doesn't care what they did to him.  Wow, our expectations surely have declined over the last five years.

I remember about five years ago people telling me they quit one job and got another the next day.  They would quit over silly things in my opinion but they were standing up for their rights and beliefs.  Now, it's obviously no secret it's the employers market.  Why would they higher me over someone with their Masters Degree in Business and a Bachelors degree in social behavior?  Oh, did I mention they were willing to be paid 10 an hour too?  They wouldn't and that's the harsh truth.

About the only news station that actually reports the real numbers and facts is #RTnews.  That's about it.  There is no other news station (not even MSNBC which I thought they were pretty good up until recently).  Rt did a story about how many jobs today that were being paid 12-15 an hr are being posted for 8-10 an hr.  That's a huge savings.  No wonder why these master degree people are applying to be receptionists and secretaries... it's bizarre and insane.

So what is the real unemployment rate?  Well apparently they have three different rates that they go by (which I don't understand) and there's the unemployment rate, the #U-6 unemployment rate and the real unemployment rate.  Then if you go to a website that features the U-6 unemployment rate they have other categories to view?  Why isn't there one number to go by?  Well, our puppet masters of our economy which is well known that it's the federal reserve, don't want anyone to know the economy is that bad that our unemployment rate as a nation is 13.6% - 29% which may have changed by the time you or anyone reads this.  That's okay.  The point is, when was the last time you heard the unemployment rate was this high?

I was thinking 2008 as well when the recession hit... so are the predictions that our stock market and economy will have a second collapse come the end of 2013?  Only time will tell us but we need to know this information... it's our right and why do we need to know this info?  Because it explains why 200 people apply for one position and why we are not getting these job opportunities.

So what happens now?  I say the only safe field to get into anymore these days is medical.  Currently I work for an elderly man where I care for his needs throughout the day which isn't bad and 200 people aren't pounding down the door to get a job here...

If things do get better... which I am having a hard time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel... it probably won't be for a while.  So, know you're not the only one who can't find a job in this economy... the odds in my opinion are about as bad as winning the lottery... 1 in 15 million.  No?  That's ridiculous?  Well, I beg to differ as I've applied for well over 2,000 jobs since last year in May and I have gotten 2 interviews and no job.  Be safe out there everyone and good luck on your job hunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment