Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Our culture needs to change!

It seems whenever I turn the TV on, while I am at work that is as I don't have cable, there is nothing of importance on.  This even goes for watching the news.  I try to never watch Faux news (#Fox news) or any lame local channel as all of the news they deliver is fed to them to repeat.  The news tells us what they want us to believe.  I despise this.  Currently there are 5 #wildfires in Colorado that is being partially reported on.  One news caster from Fox News says, "We'll report the news shortly after this break...."  Five minutes or so of commercial break and then a four minutes story on some guy who climbed a mountain with cancer. I'm sorry but seriously?

It's not that I don't think this man is amazing, I do... however, we have other pressing things that we want to hear about such as the #Coloradowildfires.  I think it's crap that we have to Google news verses being told what's really going on in the world.  The straw that broke the camels back for me was when they reported for five minutes about entertainment and more specifically how #JessicaAlbawasinDenver.  Who gives a crap... sorry she's great and what not but I don't care!

We all know that moment when we realize that our culture has vastly changed from the 1950's mindset.  That's okay... we need to evolve.  We are constantly changing as the one thing that is constant in our world is #change.  Somehow, we've managed to toss all important values, morals and education out the window and now all we care about is what celebrities are doing with their day/time.  Oh, we also care about how many TVs one has in the home and how much money they make per year because the more money you make the more important you are.

Most of us have woken up to this false materialistic mindset that our culture seems to be stuck in but it's the younger one's that are still stuck in this mentality.  I've noticed those born from 1987 and up are really stuck in, "Money makes the world go round." crap we're taught from a very young age.  I was taught this mentality as well.  Heck, I even carried this mentality on until I was about 25 and then I started to wake up.  I may not be a millionaire but I drive an electric car, use electricity as little as possible, lowered my waste, close my #ChaseBank account and switched to a credit union and started paying attention to world news.

The US is not the only country on this planet and we as a society are slowly waking up to this fact.  We need to change our culture's mentality to caring about others and forgetting about materialistic goods.  We still have many in our culture that are blinded and it's our youth or so it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment